CONFEDERATE WOMEN OF ARKANSAS

CONFEDERATE WOMEN OF ARKANSAS IN THE CIVIL WAR 1861 - '65 MEMORIAL REMINISCENCES - Published by The United Confederate Veterans of Arkansas November 1907 Copyright 1907 by J. Kellogg, Secretary Memorial Committee, U.C.V. This book is 221 pages and contains at least 55 personal remembrances of Arkansas Women who lived through the Civil War. I found this book in the personal effects of my grandmother. One entry was written by her brother in law's grandmother.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arkansas, United States

Friday, January 28, 2005

LONG WAY FROM HEADQUARTERS

A Texas soldier, trudging along one day all alone, met a Methodist circuit rider and at once recognized him as such, but affected ignorance of it. "What army do you belong to?" asked the preacher. "I belong to the - th Texas regiment, Van Dorn's army," replied the soldier.

"What army do you belong to?"

"I belong to the army of the Lord," was the solemn reply.

"Well, then my friend," said the soldier, "you are a long way from headqauarters."


page 61

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
ChildrensPlace.com Coupons