CONFEDERATE WOMEN OF ARKANSAS

CONFEDERATE WOMEN OF ARKANSAS IN THE CIVIL WAR 1861 - '65 MEMORIAL REMINISCENCES - Published by The United Confederate Veterans of Arkansas November 1907 Copyright 1907 by J. Kellogg, Secretary Memorial Committee, U.C.V. This book is 221 pages and contains at least 55 personal remembrances of Arkansas Women who lived through the Civil War. I found this book in the personal effects of my grandmother. One entry was written by her brother in law's grandmother.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arkansas, United States

Friday, January 28, 2005

LONG WAY FROM HEADQUARTERS

A Texas soldier, trudging along one day all alone, met a Methodist circuit rider and at once recognized him as such, but affected ignorance of it. "What army do you belong to?" asked the preacher. "I belong to the - th Texas regiment, Van Dorn's army," replied the soldier.

"What army do you belong to?"

"I belong to the army of the Lord," was the solemn reply.

"Well, then my friend," said the soldier, "you are a long way from headqauarters."


page 61

7 Comments:

Blogger vqqm6uxfj48sdug said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 14, 2005 at 12:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Shangrala said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 8, 2005 at 10:13:00 AM PST  
Blogger lennyerickson4469 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com

January 19, 2006 at 3:25:00 AM PST  
Blogger Greg Liddle said...

Great blog
If you have a few minutes come and visit my

writing
site.

January 27, 2006 at 11:06:00 PM PST  
Blogger benammons57696170 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 19, 2006 at 5:17:00 AM PDT  
Blogger r3m91xz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 8, 2006 at 10:37:00 AM PDT  
Blogger 8zp88ft said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 10, 2006 at 4:49:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
ChildrensPlace.com Coupons